Basilica of Our Lady of Manaoag is located in Pangasinan. And since my father is from the same province, we frequently visit the church ever since I was a child especially if the family has special intentions, thanksgiving prayer or just to visit the Blessed Virgin Mary. Now that the Vatican has declared the Church as a Minor Basilica, every faithful who visits the church can be granted plenary indulgence (removing of temporal punishment) given you confess your sins, attend mass and receive communion.
– Known for Apparition to a local farmer
– Canonical Coronation in 1926 by Pope Pius XI
– Designated as a minor basilica by Pope Benedict XVI last Feb.2015
– Feast is celebrated every 1st Sunday of October
– Patroness of sick, helpless and needy